Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Prayers


My best friend is having surgery today...she has cervical cancer. I'm saying lots of prayers and thinking about her alot. When we found out about the cancer I immediately started a Prayer Shawl for her. I've made several of these and they are just as cathargic for me as they are for the recipient. The hours spent knitting and praying give you wonderful insight into life and the person you are.


This is shawl I made one for my dear sister-in-law when she was dealing with her husband passing away and my WW knitting group (my wonderful online friends!) has made three (now working on 4 and 5) shawls for members friends and charities. I'm sure they'll be more shawls in my future and while sometimes it's hard to deal with the reason you're making one, while your knitting one you feel like you can get through anything!


Please keep my wonderful friend in your prayers (and three kids and family)...


Laura

No comments: