Sunday, May 18, 2008

Stash and Projects

I've been roaming around on Ravelry and it's very addictive! My knitting buddy, Holly, warned me and I foolishly went and roamed anyway! It did get me motivated to log some of my stash and WIP's though.

I was signed up for Sock Wars 3 and just mailed off my first pair of socks to my target yesterday...I, of course, neglected to take a picture of them so we'll have to wait and she if she posts a picture once she recieves them. Once she gets her socks she has to package up the socks she was working on and send them to me to finish for her target. As long as I haven't recieved any socks from my "assassin" I'm still alive and can continue to knit socks. I haven't heard a thing from my assassin so I'm assuming I'm still safe!

I'm also participating in several lace shawl KALs...here's some pics of the works in progress. The Lace Mystery shawl has only had one clue released and it looks like this:


I'm using Jaggerspun Zephyr 2/18 in Daffodil with gold lined clear size 8 beads.

I'm also working on the Mystic Light KAL. It uses fingering weight, which is much different to knit a shawl with than lace weight, but I love the way it's turning out...I'm currently on Clue 3 and the pattern has 5 clue total. I'm using Koigu in a burnt orange colorway (It's supposed to remind you of fire).



My third work in progress is the Slow-Bee Mystery Shawl. It calls for 3000 yds of laceweight yarn and 3000 beads...I'm using Jaggerspun Zephyr 2/24 (I was hoping to keep it from being a queen size blanket!) and I'm not sure I like the fabric I'm getting, but here's a look...I'm only about 1/3 way through the first clue.

That's what I've been up to! I'm going to log projects and stash on Ravelry now too, so if you want you can check me out there...I'm Lknits.

'Til next time!

Laura

No comments: