Thursday, April 26, 2007

I'm addicted to dishcloths

Once you start on dishcloths, you can't stop! They are quick, fun, you don't get bored before you finish one and the gratification you get from finishing a project comes often and quick! Remember my WW group that did the scarf exchange (and does the prayer shawls)? We did a dishcloth exchange and I was hooked! I now belong to two dishcloth KALs and am always on the lookout for cotton yarn on sale! This is one of my favorite patterns. The garter ridges make a wonderful "scrubbing" surface for the dishcloth.

Just to let you know how nuts I really am...In addition to the dishcloth KALS, I am also participating in the International Tote Exchange IV, I am currently working on some Mother's Day gifts (can't tell too much...certain people read this blog!), I am also participating in the ForMe?! KAL and have my Noro Silk Garden and needles ready to start a Lady Eleanor shawl for myself. Not to mention the aran sweater I have on the needles for my dear brother to go with his kilt. I'm sure there will be more projects added to the WIP list before long!

Knitting helps keep me sane and calm, just ask my kids! Things are getting busy around our house. Our oldest son (14 yr old) plays baseball, so many evenings and Saturday mornings are spent at the ballpark. Both boys are usually on the run from one friend's house to another, back to ours (one of the perks of living in suburbia...my kids can run around the neighborhood like I did when I was a kid). School will be out in another 5 weeks and I'm sure that will only increase the busyness! My DH is in the National Guard and has two weeks active duty starting in a week and half so I'll get to be a single parent for a couple of weeks too! Think of all the knitting I'll have to do to stay sane then!?!

I'm going to try to be better about posting more regularly and Tote Exchange and the ForMe?! KAL will help hold me accountable for that.

See ya next time!

No comments: