Monday, April 16, 2007

It's been awile and I've got to brag!

I know, I know...I haven't posted in a while...I've been negligent in taking pictures of knitting projects, writing, just about everything (except laundry, I can't be negligent about that!)

I've finished numerous dishcloths and have become addicted to dishcloth knitting...thanks to a dishcloth exchange with my wonderful WW friends....I will try to post pictures tonight!

I made a simple aran sweater for my nephew to go with his kilt (my family is very Scottish) and of course, forgot to take a picture...have to see if I can coerce dear brother into taking one of nephew in kilt and sweater?!
Now onto the bragging...DS#1 (the one in the striped shirt) is a typical smart mouth 14 year old and drives us crazy alot of the time. But....he was part of a team that wrote a grant to get $$ for their Teen Leaders group at the YMCA's community service project. They had to present to the local YMCA Board, the United Way Board and received the grant! Yesterday was the award ceremony. The adult leader for the group couldn't attend at the last minute so DS#1 volunteered to speak. He got up and described their grant project with no notes and no preparation...we were very proud and he really surprised us with his confidence and maturity!!! We are doing something right as parents!!!

No comments: