Sunday, April 29, 2007

Mother's Day

I can post this picture of my Mom's Mother's Day gift because I found out yesterday that my Dad doesn't share the things I send him via e-mail with my Mom! I just assumed, and I know I shouldn't assume (the ass out of you and me adage), my Dad would share the family news about the grandkids and such with my Mom...I was wrong! Talking with Mom last night on the phone I found out that she knew nothing about DS#1's grant writing project or the resulting award...wonder what else she's missed out on recently. Note to self...after I send the e-mail to the rest of the family with news, call Mom personally...


I made the Moss Grid Towel from Mason-Dixon Knitting for Mom for Mother's Day. I used size #5 needles and Knitpick's Cotlin yarn. The towel took 2 1/2 skeins, leaving me with just enough to make a small moss stitch washcloth. They still need to be washed and blocked, but posed for this pretty picture this afternoon.


Mom also FINALLY retired! Yesterday was her last day and she and Dad left on much needed vacation to the east coast this morning. It's Dad hope that there will be many more trips in their future. He's been retired for almost 8 years and he's been after Mom to follow suit since day one. At 74 I think she's earned her retirement....it's been a hard decision for her though...she's one of those wonderful people who is happiest when she's helping someone else. She's active in her church, her philanthropic and education sororities, civic organizations and I hope they all appreciate the amount of time and love she puts into everything she does.


Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

No comments: