Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Bragging Rights

Here's two out of the three kiddos....I promised a baseball picture from yesterday's game, but they lost and they didn't play that great and Eric was not in the mood to have his picture taken! So this is a picture from last year's season. My dad took this one. He's a much better photographer than I am, as you can tell. Eric's self-portrait is next to his baseball picture. He's a fun loving 14 year old and despite his hormonal moods he's a pretty great kid! He called a little bit ago and said "Mom, my homework's done, can I ride my bike up to Dairy Queen with Alex?" Oh, to be young and carefree like that again!!! I wish I could impress upon them how they need to cherish these moments and times in their lives...unfortunately, you don't realize how great being a kid is until you aren't anymore....


This is DS#2, Mark...he's got a personality just like his picture...sunny and fun. He's not in the least competitive so sports are not his thing...give him a book, a jigsaw puzzle, some Legos or a video game and he's a happy camper. He's very insightful and astonishes me sometimes with his wisdom...he's wise beyond his 13 years...
As Mother's Day approaches I realize that they aren't going to be around (at least living in the same house) very much longer. I'm sure the next five years are going to fly by and all my kiddos will be gone. Having one in college hasn't been that hard to adjust to, probably because she is good about calling and e-mailing and there are still two at home...the next one will be harder and the third will be harder still...so despite the trials and tribulations of adolescence I deal with on a daily basis, my kids are wonderful human beings and I'm very proud of all three of them.
Amazing...nothing about knitting in this one!

No comments: